I make the following charges against the principle participants in the formal leadership heirarchy of the International Church of Christ Movement. I want to stress that several of these are realities of which many of the "rank and file" members of the Movement would have no conscious awareness, though their participation in this system, no matter how unwitting, serves to support. However, I do charge the formal leaders with the responsibility for the "intentionality" and perpetuation of these offenses.
I charge the top leaders of the ICC Movement with:
* Mishandling and distorting ("twisting") the Scriptures and their meanings, with great consistency and persistence, to reinforce their biased doctrines.
* Systematically and deliberately misrepresenting themselves and many of their ends (i.e., goals and purposes) to both grassroots members and outsiders.
* Offering what is called "unconditional love" for a price (i.e., thorough compliance of the would-be "convert"), amounting, in net effect, to spiritual "prostitution."
* As a result of the practice of marketing this conditional "love," painting and promoting a practical picture of God as a "Cosmic Pimp." (This is strong language, but they have done all they have done, including much abusive behavior, with the bold assertion that God has sent them out to do it. How would you express that in an "unvarnished" way?)
* Distorting many facts of their history to dishonestly inflate and embellish their all-important image (another name for this is revisionism, and most tyrants and scoundrels in history have practiced it).
* Damaging, or even destroying, the relationships of family, marriage, and friendship with shocking regularity.
* Maliciously attacking the character and reputation of any "critics" who dare to take persistent stands even to question them, not to mention oppose them.
* Maliciously denying the legitimacy and reality of other devoted Christians and churches.
* Generally exploiting and manipulating people in these ways on a consistent, worldwide basis. (In other words, they may not all be the same in degree, but they are in kind.) And finally,
* Refusing almost all repeated, sincere attempts, for many years, to establish reasonable dialogue re. "mistakes" that have supposedly been made (and continue to be made) by ICC leaders.